April showers may bring May flowers but they also bring out the scammers. When the rains come and compromised roofs reveal problems, the influx of calls can overwhelm even the largest roof contracting company. Add in a national emergency like Covid-19 and scammers and other criminals start licking their chops!
Times like these present many opportunities to catch desperate homeowners unaware and drain their wallets before they know what hit them.
Fortunately, there are many resources available on the very thing you are reading this on (the internet!) and for those that use common sense and take advantage of the information available, avoiding these scams is easier than ever!
1) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
2) If they push you for an immediate decision, just say NO!
3) Never allow someone you don’t know (especially if they just showed up to your door) up on your roof.
4) Obtain bids from at least 3 different roof contractors you find
5) Do your due diligence on any roof contractor (Check the Better Business Bureau, online reviews, websites, etc)
6) Read our “Do Your Homework” section for more information on how you can check out your roof contractor and be assured you are hiring a legitimate company.
Avoiding these scams isn’t difficult but requires some effort…and knowledge
Look out not only for scammers but bad roofers as well, even some legitimate start-ups (inexperienced and/or one man operations) can cause more damage to your roof (and wallet) in the form of shoddy work, cheap materials, property damage, and delays then the original problem!
Our consumer section on avoiding scams, “Do Your Homework”, provides details on what to look out for and what you can do to avoid a bad roofer or scam. Feel free to contact Atlanta Roofing Specialists with additional questions and for more information!
Atlanta Roofing Specialists has been serving the Metro Atlanta area since 1993, offering free roof estimates with decades of experience and a proven track record of quality on exceptional customer service. Contact us at 770-419-2222 today!