Summer in the South, known throughout much of the year for our mild weather, our summers however, can be downright brutal, especially to your utility bills. With higher temperatures and our world famous humidity, it can seem like your AC never shuts off and you can visualize all that money just blowing out of your vents day after day.
But don’t fear, there are ways to beat the heat and keep those energy bills under control! ARS is here to help with some valuable tips:
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees, AC counts for 50% or more (especially now) of your bill. Installing and using ceiling fans will help keep you cool and comfortable (just be sure to turn of fans in unoccupied rooms).
- Watch the hot water. Hot water is an energy hog, so try using the cold or warm settings on your washing machine. Lower your water heater to 125 degrees which is adequate for most (most come preset at 140 degrees!)). If you leave for a couple of days, turn off the water heater.
- Keep your AC system well maintained and service your unit at least once a year. Change air filters on a regular basis
- Get a programmable thermostat, which will allow you to set the thermostat to increase or decrease temperatures as you please.
- Prune back shrubs that may block airflow to your air conditioner or heat pump
- Call Atlanta Roofing at 770-419-2222 to have your roof, attic, attic stairway, attached garage walls, basement, and other areas checked for proper insulation.
Leaks in your roof and inadequate insulation can cost you lots of money in wasted energy. ARS provides free inspections with estimates, there is no reason not to find out how much we can save you today!
Atlanta Roofing not only provides expert roofing solutions we also provide inspections, advice, and other solutions to keep your utility bills down while keeping your home comfortable this summer!
Call us today at 770-419-2222 for your FREE INSPECTION!