Strong storms bring out the roofing and other construction scams, ripoffs and just plain bad contractors in force.
After heavy rains, roof contractors in general can get really busy causing backup’s in appointment times that can leave homeowners waiting days or weeks to get their estimate.
It’s during these times homeowners can be impatient and start looking for lesser-qualified alternatives which can end up being a costly mistake.
Year after year, the Better Business Bureau and review sites are inundated with complaints about roof contractors, especially scams and other poor workmanship and/or material complaints. It’s not something you just want to jump into blindly.
Avoid becoming another statistic by doing a little homework on your roof contractor!
1) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
2) If they push you for an immediate decision, just say NO!
3) Never allow someone you don’t know (especially if they just showed up to your door) up on your roof.
4) Obtain bids from at least 3 different roof contractors you find
5) Do your due diligence on any roof contractor (Check the Better Business Bureau, online reviews, websites, etc)
6) Read our “Do Your Homework” section for more information on how you can check out your roof contractor and be assured you are hiring a legitimate company.
Scammers, bad roofers, even some legitimate start-ups who just aren’t ready, can cause more damage to your roof (and wallet) in the form of shoddy work, cheap materials, property damage, and delays then the original problem!
Don’t Fall Prey To Criminals & Incompetence! Know Your Roof Contractor!
The last thing victims of natural disasters need, is to be ripped off but it happens. Don’t let it happen to you!
Atlanta Roofing Specialists has been serving the Metro Atlanta area since 1993, offering free estimates and with decades of experience and a proven track record of quality on exceptional customer service. Contact us at 770-419-2222 today!