Gutter systems are an important part of any roof, as such, most roofing contractors, including Atlanta Roofing Specialists handle gutters in addition to other roofing services. From new gutters to add-ons to reduce maintenance costs and increase longevity, such as gutter covers, keeping your gutters in tip top shape is important to maintain the health of your roof.
Although gutters are a well-known part of most any building, we do get questions from those who wish to know more. Here are a few of those questions:
1) Why do I need gutters?
Gutters are there to help protect your investment from damage done by water during rainstorms. Gutters that are clogged or otherwise ineffective can cause expensive and potentially dangerous problems. Without proper gutters, water can pool around walls, foundations, and other areas resulting in leaks and possibly cracked foundations and worse. Gutters keep water from seeping down your home’s exterior and prevents ice buildups in winter.
2) Why should I replace my gutters?
– For reasons stated above, to prevent major and even dangerous problems in the future.
– Old, worn out gutters are an eyesore and can reduce the value of your property.
– Old gutters can be dented or bent in such a way they cannot be repaired or reworked rendering them ineffective.
– You want to change the color or type of gutters (perhaps some nice copper ones?).
3) How can I tell if my gutters are ineffective or not draining properly?
If during the rainfall, you can hear water “slapping” the ground or can see water pouring over the sides of your roof, you may need to have the cleaned or replaced, If you notice mold or see pools of water forming around the outside of your house, that’s a good indication you may have a drainage problem.
4) Can I install gutters on my own?
Sure, if you are a regular “do-it-yourselfer”, and are comfortable on a ladder, you can install sectional gutters but you’ll need a qualified professional to install seamless gutters.
For more answers on gutters or to have us come out and give you an estimate on your next gutter system, call or email Atlanta Roofing Specialists today!