Summertime in Georgia is no joke, it’s hard to imagine how people in the past survived living without air conditioning, especially with the humidity which makes even the cooler days feel like a sauna.
With the rising temperatures comes increased utility bills as homeowners seek cost-effective ways to escape the heat. For many, this can mean cutting costs elsewhere to balance comfort and budgets.
The heat can be unrelenting, it can seem like your AC never shuts off. You can almost see the piles of money just blowing out of your vents, it can be stressful, especially in today’s economy.
The good news is there are ways to beat the heat and keep those energy bills under control without a lot of pain and hassle! ARS is here to help with some valuable tips:
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees, AC can count for 50% or more of your bill. Installing and using ceiling fans will help keep you cool and comfortable (just be sure to turn off fans in unoccupied rooms).
- Watch the hot water. Hot water is an energy hog, so try using the cold or warm settings on your washing machine. Lower your water heater to 125 degrees which is adequate for most (most come preset at 140 degrees!)). If you leave for a couple of days, turn off the water heater.
- Keep your AC system well maintained and service your unit at least once a year. Change air filters on a regular basis
- Get a programmable thermostat, which will allow you to set the thermostat to increase or decrease temperatures as you please.
- Prune back shrubs that may block airflow to your air conditioner or heat pump
- Call your local roof contractor to have your roof, attic, attic stairway, attached garage walls, basement, and other areas checked for proper insulation. Leaks in your roof and inadequate insulation can cost you lots of money in wasted energy. ARS provides free inspections with estimates, so there is no reason not to find out how much we can save you today!Atlanta Roofing not only provides expert roofing solutions we also provide inspections, advice, and construction services to make your home more energy efficient.
Call us today at 770-419-2222 for your FREE INSPECTION and find out how much you can save today!