Getting a roof repaired or replaced can be a distressing time, and most people want to get it over with as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are plenty of roof contractors out there that can help you get what you need, the problem is, sometimes, there are just so many! It can be hard to tell who are the good ones and who shouldn’t be in business in the first place.
Especially during times of high volume (after storms or sustained rains). It pays to be patient and do your due diligence on any contractor you consider hiring, to avoid problems like the picture above.
Year after year, the Better Business Bureau and consumer review sites are inundated with complaints about roof contractors, especially scams and other poor workmanship and/or material complaints. It happens all year round.
Avoid becoming another statistic by doing a little homework on your roof contractor and avoiding common pitfalls
These days, having most everyone on the internet is a good thing when it comes to researching companies, with that, and a few suggestions, you can get what you need without worrying if you’re getting ripped off:
1) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
2) If they push you for an immediate decision, just say NO! There is no reason to pressure you for an immediate decision, if you are uncomfortable with any roofer, walk away, you have enough stress and they aren’t the only game in town.
3) Never allow someone you don’t know (especially if they just showed up to your door) up on your roof.
4) Obtain bids from at least 3 different roof contractors you find and review them thoroughly, especially if you aren’t 100% sure about the accuracy of a bid.
5) Do your due diligence on any roof contractor (Check the Better Business Bureau, online reviews, websites, etc)
6) Read our “Do Your Homework” page for more information on how you can check out your roof contractor and be assured you are hiring a legitimate, qualified company.
Scammers, bad roofers, even some legitimate start-ups who just aren’t ready to take on complicated repairs can cause more damage to your roof (and wallet) in the form of shoddy work, cheap materials, property damage, and delays then the original problem! The last thing victims of natural disasters need, is to be ripped off but it happens. Don’t let it happen to you!
Atlanta Roofing Specialists has been serving the Metro Atlanta homeowners and commercial clients since 1993, offering free estimates, decades of experience and a proven track record of quality on exceptional customer service. Contact us at 770-419-2222 today!